August 10, 2021
Information Technology Services (ITS), Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI), and WSU Faculty Senate would like to remind the WSU community that Canvas will be WSU’s sole Learning Management System (LMS) beginning Fall 2021.
WSU’s current Blackboard access will expire on Aug 21. In preparation for this, users who want to export Blackboard course data for non-Global courses should contact email@example.com to begin the migration before Blackboard becomes unavailable. Alternatively, detailed instructions on how to manually transfer content from Blackboard to Canvas can be found online.
- Get a Canvas course space: Please contact your department course scheduler or campus course scheduler to create a Canvas course for Summer 2021 through myWSU.
- Your scheduler can assist with merging multiple sections of the same course into a single Canvas course space.
- Migrate content: For assistance exporting an existing Blackboard course to Canvas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to include the Blackboard course ID as well as the Canvas ID destination.
- Course migrations can take up to three weeks.
- For courses not delivered in Fall 2021, we suggest creating a sandbox to house content.
- Get a Sandbox: Faculty and staff can create sandbox course spaces by completing the “sandbox course” request form.
Resources & Support
Crimson Service Desk is available for assistance via email, by phone at (509) 335-4357, and online. You can also follow @itswsu on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for timely service updates.
CategorizedUniversity AffairsCategorizedInformation Technology
View Original Source